Monday, November 16, 2015

Good Morning

After a good night's rest, I wake refreshed and ready for the second half of the trip.   We have covered many miles and have seen many beautiful places.  We have had good discussions about goals and our art.  I am excited to visit the galleries in Key West and look forward to the discussions that will be provoked by the experience.  This trip, from it's inception was intended to be as much about "thinking" and open discussion as it is about finding good photographs.  It is an immersion, without the distractions of everyday life that I hope will give me clarity.  I love what I do on the portrait and commercial side but from the very beginning of my photography journy new I wanted to do gallery work.  I hope get a little closer to that goal after this trip.

As is always the case I start missing home after the first week.  I am thankful to have a supportive wife and family and a stong network of friends and supporters.  Without these things this trip would not be feasable.  Since we have left, both Chuck and I have had tragic news from home.  It is very hard not to be home in these times and I appreciate the tolerance of our loved ones for allowing us to carry on. 

The next couple of days are mystery days as our next scheduled stop is at the Blue Marlin in Key West, Wednesday night.  Both Chuck and I aggreed that for this to be and adventure, we had to have some unplanned time.  Stayed tuned to see where we end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment